Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Dear Preteen Who Keeps Stealing My Hairbrush...

Oh, my child.  My sweet, sweet daughter whom I love.  Why do you continually insist on stealing my hairbrush?

Is it because you don't have one of your own?  No, that's not it... between you and your two sisters, you possess at LEAST five hairbrushes.  Five, not three, because we have extras for traveling and that odd day that one has been misplaced.

Is it because mine is somehow better than yours?  No, that's not it either... two of the aforementioned brushes are identical to mine.

Is it because you mistook mine for yours, since they are the same style of brush?  No, still not it... to get my brush, you have to cross the house and intentionally enter my bathroom to collect my hairbrush from that basket that is its home.

This morning, I had to tame my mane with your father's comb because not only have you apparently lost all five of your hairbrushes, you have now also lost mine in the abyss that you and your sisters call your bedroom.

Time to clean your room, Ladies!

2 comments: